Service Areas

Based in Capalaba, we service the whole Newtown, Ipswich Central, East Ipswich and Eastern Heights corridor.

All Service Areas

Newtown

Newtown State School opened on 1 July 1882, before relocating to a new site in 1915, where it was renamed Silkstone State School, leaving the original Newtown name to describe the district that remained.

View Area →

Ipswich Central

Ipswich was founded in 1827 as a mining settlement and grew to become Queensland's oldest provincial city, thought to be named after the town of Ipswich in Suffolk, England, having previously been known as Limestone.

View Area →

East Ipswich

East Ipswich was originally named Limestone in 1879, before its railway station was renamed East Ipswich in 1891, and the suburb retains many late nineteenth century timber houses along Chermside Road.

View Area →

North Ipswich

North Ipswich is home to the historic Ipswich Railway Workshops on the Bremer River, with the neighbourhood of Raymonds Hill sitting near the centre of the suburb.

View Area →

West Ipswich

West Ipswich was earlier known as Little Ipswich when urban settlers first inhabited the area in the 1840s, and once included prominent sites like the Brisbane Street shopping strip and Denmark Hill.

View Area →

Silkstone

Silkstone State School was established in 1915 after relocating from the original Newtown State School site, and today Silkstone Village shopping centre sits just two kilometres from the Ipswich CBD.

View Area →

Brassall

Brassall was originally known as Hungry Flats, before taking its name from Brassall Parish, mapped by surveyor James Warner in 1851, and had its own shire council administering the area from 1886.

View Area →

One Mile

One Mile takes its name from its distance from central Ipswich - it was exactly one mile from the town centre to the original Bremer River crossing on the road to Toowoomba.

View Area →

Bundamba

Bundamba takes its name from the Ugarapul words for stone axe and place of, referring to Bundamba Creek, once a source of good stone for Aboriginal hand axes. The spelling was officially standardised to Bundamba in 1932.

View Area →

Booval

Booval's name derives from an Ugarapul word meaning frilled lizard, and the suburb was home to the first large-scale cotton crops grown in Queensland during the 1860s.

View Area →

North Booval

North Booval was named after Booval House, the residence of Ipswich bank manager George Faircloth, and much of the land beside the Bremer River remains undeveloped parkland.

View Area →

Raceview

Raceview takes its name from an early racecourse at the end of Grange Road, where horse races were held from 1850 following the formation of the North Australian Jockey Club in 1852.

View Area →

Blackstone

Blackstone developed as a coal mining settlement heavily populated by Welsh immigrant miners, whose legacy lives on through the Blackstone-Cambrian Choir, formed in the district in the early twentieth century.

View Area →

Flinders View

Flinders View takes its name from its clear views toward Flinders Peak, with urban development beginning here in the 1980s, ahead of similar growth in neighbouring Raceview.

View Area →

Basin Pocket

Basin Pocket takes its name from a natural widening in the Bremer River known as the Basin, used by river steamers to turn before or after berthing at Ipswich, first noted by explorer Allan Cunningham in 1828.

View Area →

Eastern Heights

Eastern Heights takes its name from a high ridge on the eastern side of the Ipswich CBD, and borders the neighbouring suburbs of Queens Park and Limestone Park.

View Area →

Leichhardt

Leichhardt was known as One Mile until 1956, when local residents successfully petitioned the City of Ipswich to rename it after Prussian explorer Ludwig Leichhardt, reputed to have camped there.

View Area →

Woodend

Woodend is home to Grammar School Hill, a 50-metre landmark that is the site of Ipswich Grammar School, the first grammar school established in Queensland.

View Area →

Churchill

Churchill was named after the county of Churchill in 1845, and its proximity to the Bremer River made it a natural site for livestock saleyards, later home to Ipswich's first agricultural show.

View Area →

Sadliers Crossing

Sadliers Crossing is believed to take its name from early landholder Thomas Sadlier, with the crossing itself referring to a shallow ford across the Bremer River at this point.

View Area →

Coalfalls

Coalfalls takes its name from the house built by judge James Blair, itself likely named for the coal seams once visible along the banks of the Bremer River nearby.

View Area →

Riverview

Riverview sits where the Ipswich Motorway runs between Redbank and Dinmore, close to where the Bremer River joins the Brisbane River.

View Area →

Dinmore

Dinmore sits at the crossroads of the Ipswich Motorway, Cunningham Highway and Warrego Highway, earning it the local nickname the Gateway to the City for its position at the entrance to Ipswich.

View Area →

Redbank

Redbank takes its name from the distinctive red soil found along the bank of the Brisbane River, first noted either by explorer Major Edmund Lockyer during his 1825 expedition or by later farm settlers.

View Area →

Yamanto

Yamanto takes its name from a 1860s cotton plantation originally spelt Yamahanto, jointly owned by Queensland's first government medical officer Henry Challinor and his cousin George Miles Challinor.

View Area →

Deebing Heights

Deebing Heights takes its name from Deebing Creek, itself from the Ugarapul word dibing meaning mosquito, and was home to the Deebing Creek Aboriginal Mission, established in 1887.

View Area →

Karalee

Karalee takes its name from an Ugarapul word meaning pretty hill beside the water, first officially named by the Queensland Place Names Board on 1 September 1973.

View Area →

Barellan Point

Barellan Point takes its name from an Aboriginal word meaning meeting of the waters, describing the tongue of land where the Bremer River joins the Brisbane River, and was officially named and bounded in 1981.

View Area →

Chuwar

Chuwar takes its name from the parish name first recorded by surveyor James Warner in October 1848, an Aboriginal name whose specific local significance was never documented in his surviving notes.

View Area →

Collingwood Park

Collingwood Park was named and bounded on 28 August 1982, likely inspired by the Melbourne suburb of the same name, and was marketed throughout the 1980s as the Dress Circle Suburb of Ipswich.

View Area →

Ready to Secure Your Bond?

Contact our Newtown HQ today.

Get Free Quote
Call (07) 3523 3814 Get Free Quote